Would you like to switch from the traditional workplace to the agile workplace? Here we have gathered a number of important tips that are essential for creating a great agile workplace.
The days of having a static, fixed office space are over. Today, in many cases, an agile workplace is necessary to achieve the best possible results.
By giving employees more freedom to work from wherever and whenever they want, you create a better environment for flexibility, productivity, collaboration and innovation. However, you need to make sure you create the right framework for a good agile workplace.
Three key success factors for an agile workplace
Here are three key success factors that help ensure an agile workplace.
For a workplace to be agile, it needs to have flexible spaces. That is, a good mix of quiet, private and collaborative spaces.
Among other things, it is important that they are:
- Open spaces: These are cozy and creative open spaces where employees can work together on projects or just socialize.
- Quiet zones: These are areas where employees can sit down to focus on getting individual tasks completed without being disturbed. This can be anything from private offices to open quiet zones.
- Relaxation areas: These are areas where employees can take a break for coffee, socialize and get away from work.
- Touchdown areas: This is an area where employees can quickly sit down with their laptops when they need to quickly finish or look at some work.
- Meeting rooms: Meeting rooms are important when employees need to hold meetings, make presentations or have customers visit.
By having these different types of areas, you have all the necessary areas to create a great agile workplace.
Flexible working policy
In addition to flexible spaces, it’s also important to have a flexible working policy so that employees know that they are welcome to follow flexible working principles.
Here are some examples of policies you can introduce:
- Remote working: A policy that allows employees to work from home or a location other than the office.
- Flexible working hours: This policy allows employees to set their own working hours and choose which days they want to work from home and which in the office.
- Hybrid schedules: A policy that allows employees to choose which days they want to be in the office and which they want to be at home.
- Manager determines the daily policy: This policy allows managers to choose what the flexible policy should look like for their team.
When you have a clear understanding of your company’s workplace policies, you’re close to having the optimal framework for an agile workplace.
Last but not least, an agile workplace places high demands on agile technologies that can help create a great agile workplace. Without the right technology, it’s extremely difficult to make it work properly.
This is where MyDesk comes in.
MyDesk brings together all the necessary features needed to create a great flexible workplace on a single platform. MyDesk can be accessed both on our platform, through our App, and in addition, MyDesk also works well with systems that the company already uses, such as Outlook.
With MyDesk, employees can, among other things
- Book desks
- Book meeting rooms and catering for the meeting rooms
- Book parking and EV chargers
- Order food in the canteen
- Welcoming guests
In addition, MyDesk provides business decision makers with analytics and insights into how employees use the office. This offers great opportunities for optimizing the company’s office building. For example, we’ve discovered that the average office workplace is empty 40% of the time.
Read more about MyDesk’s different features here: https://mydesk.io/funktioner-nye/